1. Broke People think everything is too good to be true. Successful think that getting a job sounds too bad to be true.
2. Broke People give up when things don’t go their way; a few disappointments and they are onto something else, saying things like “it wasn’t for me. “Successful People work harder and become more determined when things go bad, and understand that you have to take the bad with the good to make it.
3. Broke People always have an excuse. Successful people say “it’s my fault” and refuse to make excuses.
4. Broke People think that not getting what they want is OK. Successful people are disgusted at the thought of not getting what they want and will do whatever it takes.
5. Broke People always have to talk it over with their broke friends to make sure no one will make fun of them if they make a decision. Successful people think for themselves and could care less what their broke friends think.
6. Broke people are never coachable and teachable. Successful People are always learning, even when the money starts coming in. They never stop learning from those who were there first.
7. Broke People are scared of others. Successful People trust in others and know that other people are crucial for their success.
8. Broke People are always procrastinating; they would rather talk about it, read about it, think about it, but never seem to do anything. Successful people hate doing anything but getting it done.
9. Broke People are glad when the day is over. Successful People love when the day begins.
10. Broke People think rich people are lucky. Success People put themselves into a position to be “lucky,” and then work hard to make the “luck” show up.
11. Broke People work by the hour. Successful People work by the month.
12. Broke People want to know that after 1 hour of work they have something to show for it. Successful People find broke people who think this way and make them their employees.
13. Broke People get excited they just got hired. Successful People think it’s interesting that someone could be fooled that easily. They’re amazed that broke people never consider that they are selling themselves at wholesale while the Successful Person is reaping the retail rewards.
14. Broke People complain a lot. Successful People are thankful that no one shot at them today, they didn’t have to fight in a war, and that they don’t have a job.
15. Broke People are too concerned about what other people are doing. Successful People are only concerned about what they can be doing to get more done.
16. Broke people think that if no one is doing something, it must suck. Successful people think that if no one is doing something, it means more money for them.
17. Broke people think that if everyone (all 200 people at a meeting or on a conference call) are all doing the same thing, it must be saturated. Successful people think that broke people who think that way aren’t too bright.
18. Broke people think it is OK for other people to live where they want to live, drive what they want to drive, and do what they want to do. Broke people are OK with the fact that they can’t do these things. Successful people get sick just thinking about being average.
19. Broke people think that other people’s opinions are worth more than their dreams. Successful people know that their dreams are worth more than other people’s opinions
Moral of the story: To be successful, find out what unsuccessful people do, read, watch and think…..and don’t read what they read, watch what they watch, do what they do or think how they think!